Tuesday 10 February 2009

I've gone Decopatch Crazy!







A tired looking hall cabinet was given the Decopatch treatment! - Along with the lamp base and shade, picture frames...and telephone!




Over to the right is a picture of a small lamp where I have cut out some of images to decorate.

A rabbit and animals decorated for Easter..















A plain old boring white lamp and shade decorated with some shapes - for Valentines' night?!




Some wooden and real eggs decorated for Easter -



- Yes, the picture is of an original 1980's Philips Hostess Trolley, that sat sadly and shamefaced in the corner of my dining room...however, now that it has had the 'Decopatch' treatment she is now sitting proudly in centre stage!









Apologies for not blogging recently, but I can fairly and squarely place the blame on my new hobby -'Decopatch'. It is purely and utterly obsessional!
Firstly I must say an enormous thank you to some very special people without whom I wouldn't have come across Decopatch in the first place! - They are Lorna & Alex from my local supplier of Decopatch materials - a delightful shop called Artyfect (http://www.artyfect.com/) in the equally delightful and picturesque village of Lindfield. They have been so incredibly helpful, and I know that if anyone is thinking of taking up this so sooooooothing hobby they will be only be too pleased to assist. All the goodies in the shop are available online - so go and check them out!
Decopatch is a fabulous way to decorate virtually any item, easily and effectively - and what is particularly important at the moment - cheaply too! - Making it fantastic hobby. Decopatch paper comes in a huge range of colours and designs and looks just like an ordinary sheet of tissue paper. However, it has been made in such a way that the colour does not run and despite the sheets looking fairly delicate it is tough. - Not only that - but so easy to clear up and put away too!
To decorate an item you simply tear the paper (small pieces for a small item, larger for a bigger item..) then using the special Decopatch Glue you glue the surface before placing your torn piece of paper, then glue over the top. Then take the next piece and stick it, slightly overlapping the previous piece..and so on . It is so incredibly easy and effective!
Go and try some 'Decopatching' yourselves!
- Molly
Artyfect Limited details as follows:-
Telephone+44 (0) 1444 483849(U.K. time between 09:00 and 17:30 hrs)Fax+44 (0) 1444 483849
Postal Address
Artyfect Limited
43 High Street
Lindfield
West Sussex
RH16 2HN United Kingdom














































12 comments:

Cass @ That Old House said...

How cute! I am going to have to find a source for Decopatch, it looks very tempting. Love the bunny and eggs! Cass

dani said...

well, molly, your time away from blogging was definitely not in vain!!! your completed projects are darling:)
love,
dani

Molly's Mellow Moments said...

Oh! Thanks Cass for your kind words - not half as great as your beautiful house though...but I try! x
Dani - Bless- you hun! x

Tabitha said...

I love the lamp with the hearts on it. I will definitly have to give this a try!
Hope all is well with you ~
Love and hugs Tabitha XXXX

Molly's Mellow Moments said...

Thanks Tabitha - lovely to hear from you.
I'm fine thanks, just very very busy at the mo. I'm sitting in on a high profile court case down here at the mo. You'll appreciate that the hours are long and its very time consuming - but oh so interesting. Hopefully, life will return to 'normal' in another week or so!!
Trust life is well with you and the children. It's half-term here, and with you I suspect. - Enjoy!
Kind regards
M x

Cass @ That Old House said...

Hi Molly! Are you still on jury duty? I hope all is well. I'm just popping in to wish you all the best, and also to tell you that there's an award waiting for you on my blog! (The post for 2/26/09).

Hope you and yours are excellent, and that winter is becoming a memory.

Best wishes, Cass

Molly's Mellow Moments said...

Hi Cass and all
My apologies for not having checked in just lately.
Glad to say the court sitting has now finished (I wasn't on jury duty, just a very interesting local case that has grabbed much attention around these parts!).
Off for a weeks holiday at the weekend, but will hopefully be back good and proper in a while!
Thank you very much Cass for thinking of me - and will, of course come and pay you a visit very soon.
M xx

Cass @ That Old House said...

Dear Molly -- are you coming back to blogging? You were my first blogging friend, and I miss you!
Cass

Marie Reed said...

I just love your header! I'm thinking about going with a Shabbee Chick design and have been exploring her portfolio:)

candy said...

The lamp is too cute!!! :)

Martha said...

I think it looks good -- love the lampshades lit!

Anonymous said...

Do you have any idea how to get a hold of Amber from Shabbee Chick Designs?